If for some reason, you are unable to have a baby with your own eggs, then you may be interested in using a donor egg.
There are several ways of accessing donor eggs:
- You may have a friend or sister willing to donate you an egg
- You may wish to advertise for a donor egg. If you choose to find a donor by advertising, our counsellors can guide and support you, but under the law you must place, answer and manage the ad yourself
Becoming an Egg Donor
Becoming an Egg Donor is a sincere act of generosity, some people are simply unable to start a family without the use of a donor egg.
If you want to donate your eggs, you need to:
- be aged between 21-38 years
- consent to the release of identifying information to any future donor-conceived children (from 18 years old)
- agree to comply will all relevant laws
- undertake infectious and genetic screening tests
- undergo counselling
- provide a genetic family medical history
- understand their egg donations are selfless (act of generosity, they will not be paid)
If you are interested in receiving a donor egg for treatment or would like to assist others in achieving their dream of starting a family, please contact Repromed’s Donor Team on 08 8333 8111 or fill out the enquiry form below for a confidential phone consultation regarding your eligibility.