A semen analysis is the single most important piece of information needed to assess male fertility, and therefore it is crucial to obtain an accurate analysis. At Repromed we are committed to providing the highest quality standards when providing a semen analysis to doctors and patients.
1. We perform our analysis according to the latest (2010) WHO criteria. This is considered the gold standard in performing a semen analysis.
2. Samples are analysed within an hour. This is crucial to obtain accurate results of the sample.
3. Private rooms are available to produce the sample on two sites. Alternatively, patients may produce the sample at home and deliver it to Repromed.
4. If patients are unable to attend on a weekday at our Dulwich site, Saturday and Wednesday evening appointments are also available.
5. Our containers are scientifically tested in-house to ensure that the sample is not harmed by any toxic material.
6. We are able to provide patients with a non-toxic lubricant and/or condom (free of charge) if they have difficulty producing the sample.
7. Our doctors are able to make recommendations about your patient’s analysis, which may be of direct relevance to their fertility treatment.
8. Results are available within 5 working days. If your patient is seeing a doctor at Repromed, the results are available as soon as they are completed (no time wastage with postage). Results for urgent requests can be made available within 2 working days for external doctors.
9. The Andrology Lab at Repromed is equipped to do further specialised testing such as sperm DNA damage assessment if requested. This can be done using the same sample produced for the standard semen analysis. Similarly, the Andrology lab at Repromed is also equipped to store your patient’s sample should they need it for future use, prior to oncology treatment or vasectomy.
10. We are accredited with the National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA), Reproductive Technology Accreditation Committee (RTAC) and International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO). We are the only Andrology Laboratory in the State to have these three accreditations ensuring the highest quality of care.